Monday, November 3, 2008

October is Over?

Blake turned 6!! He didn't get to have a party this year, but I let him have a couple of friends over. We went to a fun blow-up jumping place. He got a lot of Stars Wars stuff. :)
Our big boy

Hi! I am finally trying to take the time to record my life during these last crazy 6 weeks. Six weeks postpartum...I can't believe I am already there! I blinked and October was over. :)

Thank you to my sweet hubby for doing the post about the arrival of our little Crew man. Although he chose pics I may never have posted (the new baby gunk and the lovely part that proves he is a boy), I really appreciate Jeb taking the time to do that. Thanks Sweetie! Notice how there has not been a post by either of us since the sweet, calm time in the hospital with baby No. 4. That's because there are not a lot of calm moments in our household these days. I feel like Crew is most comfortable when there is a lot of craziness and chaos going on because that is all he has known. It makes Jeb and I smile though because this is what we wanted for our family. :) We are finally getting into a groove and it feels really nice. I will try to update through pictures so I don't bore everyone with rantings of my "exciting" life. As I was going through the pictures I realized there aren't really any of me...I will try to work on that. I am usually taking the pictures! They are mostly of Crew. I promised my Mom that I would show her more of what he looks like now.
It is hard for me to think through getting them in the right order, so I will just put on a bunch from the whole month.

Halloween! Darth Vader, Obi-Wan, and of course...the Princess


Savannah got to visit her brothers at their school parties

"Seeping Booty" (Sleeping Beauty)

I really enjoyed making her a princess. :) Darth Vader with a sweet kid underneath the mask

Growing quickly! Blake told Jeb "I am NOT touching that stuff" (inside the pumpkin)

In the end, they both got nice and dirty. Thanks Jeb for always doing the pumpkins with the kids!

The Rapids game!


Savannah said "look, he can hold his own bottle!" This baby has been fantastic. I mostly feed him, but he takes a bottle and a pacifier really well. It is nice because the kids can help out so much.

Blake and Crew. He is such a chill baby...he doesn't mind when the kids hold him and move him all around. He is just happy to be held.

Crew at the pumpkin patch...nice and warm

Blake on the hay bales at the pumpkin patch. The boys had more fun running on top of the hay instead of through the little maze that was there. Believe it or not, the owners didn't care. You could tell that the top of the maze had far more wear and tear than the maze itself.
Savannah at the pumpkin patch. She did not want to let that wagon go. It drove us crazy the whole night because she was really slow. We had such a great time that night. One of our first outings as a family that is 4 vs. 2!
Landen feeding Crew while I made dinner! A very common occurence. He doesn't mind because I let him watch cartoons while he does it...not to mention he loves his new brother. :)
Dad and Baby
Jeb is so great with kids! I love seeing him as a Dad.

Brother time.
General Conference. Jeb and I got to watch the entire 2 sessions on Sunday with hardly any interruptions. Our kids were so quiet and good. I thought it would be really hard with 4 kids, but we probably listened more than we ever have since we have had kids. Thanks guys!
I painted Savannah's nails during it. I have only done her toes before so she was really excited

Cutie pie

A common picture in our house. Crew zonked on Jeb while he directs traffic. ("get your pjs on" "stop fighting" "give that to your sister", you know how it goes :))



Earlier days

We just finished our Fall soccer. We had an awesome season! Jeb was a proud coach and dad. We kept Landen and Blake on separate teams this year and Jeb decided to be head coach of both. It was a big commitment but we had a great time.

20 comments:

Sandy Buffington said...

Holy crap... I can't believe how big Crew is! We love the picture of Landon holding Crew. I can't wait until we reach that point! We are excited to see you for Thanksgiving and the wedding.

-Adam

Merrills said...

I can't believe how big Crew has gotten. He is adorable. You have to make sure Jeb tells Mike how easy 4 kids are. I am still trying to convince him to take the leap.

shaunandnina said...

That was so nice for me. There aren't a ton of other families I know who have a lot in common with us. You do. It's a great life!

Erin said...

yay!! i miss you guys and can't wait for you to come down here to us. your family is so cute, glad i get to share :)

Sara said...

Becca, Your kids are so cute. I found your blog on Amy Farrs, hope you don't mind. It was so fun to hang out with you and Jeb back in the day and its fun to see pictures of your kids and how grown up they are. Ryan wants you to tell Jeb hi.
Cute, cute family!

Nataluscious said...

I love that pic of Crew in the bouncer - I remember when they're that small and barely make a dent in that thing! Pretty soon it will all change... the kids look fantastic!

Maria said...

Congratulations! Your family is beautiful!

Jessica said...

Oh he is soooo cute! All of your kids are adorable. I love that we can stay connected through blogging (even though I am not that great with updating very often). Take care!

Jen M said...

I love the pictures!! Oh I wish I could see the kids in person. They all looked great for Halloween (especially Sweeping Bootie). Crew has grown so much. He has a look of Landen to me now. Can't wait to hold him and give the others a big hug again. Thanks for posting!!!

Mom

The Dille Family said...

All I can say is wow! 4 kids! Way to go Bec! Crew is adorable. I love the picture of him with Jeb! Priceless. I am so happy for you guys and know you are an amazing mom. I miss ya. We need to chat and catch up but I can't imagine when you would have time for that! Love ya!

Jeb and Becca said...

Rachelle, I didn't know you thought I was so cute. Thank you. Does Jackson know?
-Jeb

FarrEver Family said...

$ is rockn' my world. I am feeln' for you! You seem sane and happy. Hope all is well!

Steph said...

What a great family you have! I love the progression of the division of labor that happens when you have more kids. I can see it in your family with Landon feeding the baby. I ask my older kids to do way more than I thought I ever would. It helps out a ton though and it's even better when they enjoy it!

Abbigail said...

so great to hear from you again and see all of the awesome photos. Crew is getting so big, he hardly looks like a newborn anymore. He is adorable. I loved the kids costumes...Kitty was looking with me and kept asking "who is that?" about Savanah, she was excited to learn it was another cousin.
I am so impressed with you guys, 4 kids verses two. amazing. you are an awesome Mom... thanks for the tip on my blog. I think I am going to try it. Do you do it with Savanah? How do you find the time with Crew now?
love you!

Jessica said...

He is SO cute! I love babies : ) Your family is really awesome. I can't believe October is gone and it's the MIDDLE of November! It still feels like it should be March or April...thank goodness it's not since I would be in the middle of my pregnancy...not fun! ha ha.

The Langston Log said...

Hi Rebecca! Remember us!

Julie Hunsaker was telling me you had a blog so I typed in your names and found you! Hope that's okay. I actually just started one for our family too. Check it out!

Wow, your family has grown. The boys are so grown up. Lyndsey still mentions playing with Landen. Its funny how much kids remember!

Congrats on the new baby boy and glad to hear that Savannah is doing well.

We have a new addition too, baby Katy was born last August. She is 15 months now and very fun. The girls, especially Lyndsey just love her to death. She is blonde which is a little different for our family, but looks just like Lyndsey! Well, I would love to catch up with you. Our email is orthofloss1@aol.com. Same phone # as always. Take Care, Amy Langson in MInnesota

Jesse & Mackenzie said...

you two have the cutest kids! savannah in her halloween costume was so adorable. congrats on the new baby boy. I love the name Crew. Can't wait to see you guys again!

The Lyons Family said...

Hey there! This is Malea, Jeremy Lyons wife, he said you found him on facebook and said to add your blog. You have a beautiful family!

The Hills said...

Rebecca, I'm going to have my baby by the time I get to see another cute picture of yours!!! I love seeing what your family is up to. When are you in SLC next?

Jeffrey Taylor said...

Hope you remember me Buff, your family is great. I'm glad I stumbled across your blog. Keep in touch.