Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Note: Pictures to come!!

I have been one of the worst bloggers. I love to read people's blogs who update frequently. It is so entertaining! I am probably on most people's list of "do not check very often because she never updates". My goal is to blog more frequently this summer because I have loved to go back to last year and read about the things we were doing and see pictures of my family. :)

I got out my real handwritten journal on Mother's Day to write down some things and realized I hadn't written in there since Mother's Day 2007. My kids had so much fun reading what I wrote about each of them it made me want to recommit myself! We'll see.

Life has been slowing down finally. Soccer is over, which helps a lot and school is almost out! The kids are really excited for summer and so am I! Last time I was pregnant I had to deal with Virginia humidity. Nothing will be as bad as that. :) Landen is about to finish 1st grade and move on to 2nd which blows me away. I remember 2nd grade very well and I can't believe he will be that old! He is in the process of getting braces right now. He is only 7 years old but he already has 8 permanent teeth almost fully grown in. Many of his classmates are just starting to lose their teeth and if they have, they just have spaces where the teeth are. Anyway, he has an issue they call "tongue thrust" where every time he swallows (which is many times a day) he pushes his teeth with his tongue. His teeth have started to push forward and fan out which is not a good thing. For the past 2 weeks he has had a device in has mouth that will re-train his tongue to hit the roof of his mouth when he swallows instead of thrust it forward. This has been a painful process for both Landen and Mom. You can only imagine what kind of device is put at the roof of his mouth to stop his tongue going forward. Lots of pokey things! He has had to re-learn to talk, eat and swallow and has been in a lot of pain. But, things are looking up and soon he will get 6 brackets put on his teeth to help move them back into place. He is thrilled! (Ha)

Blake's last day of preschool is on Friday. He is sad because he loves his teacher, but so happy that he will finally be in Kindergarten at the same school as his brother. Blake turned 5 last October so he is going to be a very old kindergartner...he has been more than ready for a long time. It is getting really hot here so the kids have been putting the sprinkler under the trampoline and jumping for hours. I'm sure it is dangerous, but at least they aren't watching TV right? Their "wonderful" father has been teaching them some pretty amazing tricks that scare me really bad! We have some on video so I will have to figure out how to post those. Blake loves to be active. A couple mornings a week, I have tried to go on a run/jog (it is getting very difficult :)) and he rides his bike with me while I push Savannah. He lives to be outside and moving! He is such a fun kid.

Savannah is always happy. She loves to jump on the trampoline or go to the park. She gets mad at her brothers if they try to get on while she is on there. They are finally learning to all jump together which makes it much easier on me. Otherwise I deal with her screaming (and it is not nice) because they are trying to get on or them complaining because they can't jump high while she is on. As she is getting older she is getting better and more stable so they can all have a good time out there. I love having a fenced-in backyard!

Jeb and I are doing well. He has been very good to me through this pregnancy. He frequently runs to get me my chocolate blizzard with M&M's late at night even though he is tired. I guess I should admit he goes and gets Taco Bell, Quiznos and other wonderful things that I feel sound good at night-time too.:) I definitely got lucky finding him! We are going to Colorado Springs as a family for Memorial weekend just to relax and get away. We can't wait. Most of our trips are to see family, which is great, but this will be a nice change. I will get some pictures up of that and other adventures we have been having. See ya!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Becca,

I love reading your blog too (no matter how infrequently you update!). I would love it if our families lived closer so we could stick the husbands with the kids and go do girl stuff. Who knows, Colorado is still an option for us! Keep us posted on the baby and say hi to Jeb for me!

Jylaire said...

Yeah, you updated! You at least have a good excuse; you're crazy busy! Glad you're family is doing great. I still can't believe you've got 2 kids in elementary school (almost)!

Tegerdine Family said...

Hi,
Yes, I keep in touch with all of the old roommates. Jeremy's wife just delivered their 5th a few months ago. He is a SLC fireman living in Eagle Mtn. Matt has 3 kids and lives in Provo (He's a Bishop! Ha ha). Jason is living in Guam. He married a girl with 3 kids and they have 1 together. He is a dentist. Dave is living in SLC and is doing some kind of mortgage broker business. He is not married. It is hard to believe how fast time flies and we all are rainsing families. Reading your blog is fun. Kerry and I are having similar "growing up" experiences with our children and it is a lot of fun. Take Care!