Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Updates

There are many pictures posted below of the Buffington family in the last couple of months! As you can tell I have not kept up on my goal to update more often. Our baby is coming so soon I figure I better do it now before I have more to post!

As you can see we have a few different pictures from our trip to Utah. We went to Bear Lake and had such a great time with all of my Mom's side of the family. Cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents all stayed in a great house on a very quiet part of Bear Lake. I am the oldest cousin so I have lots of young cousins that are my kids' ages. They loved being free and having so many friends there. We had a hard time getting back to everyday life.

School has started already (Aug. 19) and the kids were so excited! Landen's in 2nd grade and Blake's in kindergarten. They are loving it but Savannah doesn't like to be left behind. I've been trying to hang out with her a lot and it's been fun to have some one- on- one time with her before the baby comes. I miss the boys but it's perfect timing as I'm getting more and more uncomfortable and less anxious to do a lot of entertaining.

We had a great summer. We swam a lot and my kids are finally catching up to others with swimming. Landen hasn't done a lot of swimming lessons in the past and has never been super comfortable in the water. We did swim lessons this summer and I think it helped him a lot. Blake is our little fish, he's doing really well.

Blake's had quite a lot of medical issues this past month. He had a staph infection which was scary because that is something you do not mess around with. We were nervous for a few days and were on pins and needles hoping the infection would not spread through his blood. He was on loads of medication and in a lot of pain. Luckily, after a few days they figured out the right antibiotic that killed it and it was smooth sailing after that. At the same time we figured out his tubes had finally fallen out (he didn't get them until he was 4) and he had double ear infections. Poor kid. A couple weeks later he started losing his voice and not feeling great (around the first day of school). While we were in Savannah's 2 year check up appointment the doctor heard him coughing. She listened to his breathing and said he had bronchitis and double ear infections again. So she sent us home with more antibiotics and another trip to the ENT for the possibility of more tubes. Luckily he is not a complainer but I feel bad for the poor kid.

A lot has been going on as we try to relax and prepare for the baby (hah!). At Savannah's 2 year checkup the doctor declared it is time to get a look at her brain again. We have to meet with an Endicronologist (sp?) to check out some things with her pituitary gland. They want to get a good look at that and her Dandy-walker cyst so they are doing an MRI. I know she'll be fine but I hate that they have to put her under. I am trying to get all of this taken care of before I have the baby...I hope there are no more issues to deal with! Please keep her in your prayers.

I hope you enjoy the pictures and I will update how the MRI turns out (it is on Friday). In the meantime Jeb and I are missing his brother Jacob's wedding and my brother Adam's wedding which we are super bummed about! Good luck you guys! Also my brother Brandon and his wife Stacy just had a darling new baby that they named Lily. I can't wait to be able to travel and see everyone again.

10 comments:

shaunandnina said...

Cute pictures! Fun Summer! Happy 32nd JEB! We'll keep Blake and Savannah in our prayers. Becca- you are gorgeous- good luck with the end of your pregnancy!

Erin said...

yay!! i'm so glad you finally updated your blog! i seriously check on it at least once a day! I love reading about you guys. your family is SO cute and i'm glad i get to be part of it, 16 more days!!! i'm sad you guys won't be able to be there, but adam and i will come up to see you guys and the new baby soon!! love you guys!!

Nicole said...

Yay for an update! You guys are such a cute family and I am so glad you are having another! Your pregnancy has flown by for me:)

We miss you guys and hope all will be well with the baby, the kids, and all the health issues you are dealing with.

Boone (who never looks at blogs) looked through this one and said, "Jeb is cool. I wish we could hang out more than once every 5 years."

Who knows, I saw a great practice in the Denver area yesterday and maybe the stars will align and we'll be neighbors!

Miss you!

Adam said...

Erin isn't the only one that has been checking for updates. It sounds like you have been pretty busy these last couple of months. We love hearing how things are going in the Buffington Home.

The Ravsten's said...

Hey...I'm so glad to see that you have a blog. I loved your entry and hope you will keep me posted with what happens to Savannah. We would love to come and visit her afterwards if possible. She will be in our prayers. You are awesome. Keep the blogs coming. Emily :)

Vehars said...

I'm so glad you found me on here! I knew there were more people from the ward on here. I love your blog, your little family so so stinkin' cute!

Maria said...

Your kids are so cute! They all seem so sweet too! I am sure Isaac is sad we couldn't all stick around in VA so he could play with little Savannah. Well good luck with the baby and I hope Blake continues to do well...he is such a trooper!

Jeb and Becca said...

Maria,
I don't know if you will check this but I can't get on to your account now that you are private! I would love to be added :). My email is becbuff@yahoo.com
Thanks! Becca

Jessica said...

Wow, you have had a busy summer. You look darling. I am only 3 weeks behind you. Good luck with everything (Blake, MRI, baby etc.)Happy Birthday Jeb. I remember spending my 28th birthday with you guys for cake and icecream (I think Blake was only 6 months old). Where has time gone?

Abbigail said...

poor Blake! :(